Catering and Venues
Following the service it is common to host a reception, or wake, where those attending the funeral can get together in a more informal setting.
This is usually held either at the home of the deceased or that of an immediate family member, or at a local venue such as a public house, hotel or community hall. Refreshments and food are often served, but this can depend on the venue.
Our recommended venues include:
- The Wessex Royale, Dorchester
- The Kings Arms Hotel, Dorchester
- The Brownsword Hall, Poundbury, Dorchester
- The Poet Laureate, Poundbury
- The Dorchester Football Club
- The Dorchester Rugby Club
- Dorchester Town Hall
- St George’s Church Hall, Fordington, Dorchester
- St Mary’s Church Hall, Dorchester
- Marquis of Granby, Weymouth
- Admiral Hardy, Weymouth.
If your chosen venue does not provide catering, we can recommend the below caterers:
- The Crusty Cob, Maud Road, Dorchester
- Helen Furness, The Piddle Valley, Nr Dorchester
- Manor Foods, Godmanstone, Nr. Dorchester
- The Pine Lodge Tea Rooms, Nr. Dorchester.
Please contact us if you require further details.